Coffee lovers unite! I am right there with you and will be the first to admit I LOVE a fancy coffee drink. Give me all the mocha swirls! As tasty as these coffee drinks are, the calories can add up quickly (whoops) and they may be sabotaging your weight loss efforts.
If you like to order fancy coffee drinks or even just add cream, flavored syrup, or sugar to your home brew, it’s easy to end up consuming 300-400 calories. That is a lot of calories that could be saved for something more substantial later. Here are some suggestions to invigorate your coffee drink both at home and when ordering out.
· ½ cup Vanilla Almond Milk, about 45 calories
· ½ cup Almond Dark Chocolate Milk, about 60 calories
· ½ cup 1% Chocolate Milk, about 80 calories
· ½ cup 1% Steamed Low-fat Milk, 1%, about 50 calories,
· A dash of cinnamon to your coffee grounds before brewing, 0 calories