This healthy recipe is so easy. ONE PAN! It is perfect for meal prep because it is easily stored and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is also great for picky eaters because you can mix up the veggies. Tomatoes or yellow squash would also be delicious.
· 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
· 1 sweet onion, diced to 1/2″
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 lb. ground turkey
· 1/2 tsp dried thyme
· 1/4 tsp oregano
· 1 zucchini, diced to 1/2″
· 2 bells pepper, diced to 1/2″
· sea salt, to taste
· cracked black pepper, to taste
· 4 eggs
· Butter or cooking spray (for frying the eggs)
1. Preheat 1 tsp olive oil a 12in skillet or large frying pan. Add the onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté about 1 minute.
2. Add the turkey to the onions and garlic, along with the herbs, salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring frequently to break up the meat, until the turkey is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
3. Push the turkey/onion mixture to the edges of the pan and add 1 tsp oil to the center of the pan. Add the zucchini bell peppers to the oil, and sauté until the squash is tender and the bell pepper is just barely cooked.
4. Remove turkey and vegetables and put in separate bowl
5. Wipe out the pan and spray with cooking spray or melt butter. Crack four eggs into the pan, one at a time. Fry until the whites are set, 3-4 minutes.
Divide turkey and veggies into 4 separate servings and top each with a fried egg. Serve immediately or store in containers for 4 days in the fridge.