When I say Chicken Sausage and Kale Stir Fry, I have probably lost most of you at Kale…
Honestly, I am not a huge fan either! I only eat kale in very specific dishes and this happens to be one of them. This one is different from my usual recipe posts as the ingredients don’t make it super family-friendly but I think it is worthy of sharing because it comes together very quickly and is perfect for meal prep.
Plus, does anyone else just feel super healthy after eating kale?
- 4 links chicken sausage, precooked (I used Spicy Italian from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 large bunch of kale, stemmed and torn apart
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (or more if you like a lot of spice)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions: Chop chicken sausages into ½ in slices. Place 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and sausage. Sauté for about 5-6 minutes or until onion becomes translucent. Add in kale and 1 more tbsp of olive if needed. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until kale is wilted. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately or divide into about 4 servings to have throughout the week!