These little gems are the perfect easy breakfast recipe!
They are light, warm, and a wonderful combination of savory and sweet. I love having something sweet for breakfast but often those options aren’t the most nutritious or satisfying so with these mini muffins I feel like I can have my cake and eat it too. I also love the flexibility of this recipe:
- Want to cut out some of the fat? Use turkey or chicken sausage.
- Trying to please picky kiddos? Dip them in maple syrup.
- Want to make the pancake mix from scratch? Go for it!
- Don’t have a mini muffin pan? Make full-size muffins (just increase your baking time).
For those of you with weight loss goals, I would recommend pairing 3-4 of these muffins with a fruit or some Greek yogurt for a balanced meal. You could also have a couple on their own as a mid-morning snack. They would be great for an on-the-go teen as well!
Your favorite protein pancake mix (I used Trader Joe’s)
Your favorite breakfast sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and prepare a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the sausage. Crumbling with a spatula until fully cooked. Drain fat and set aside.
- Mix your protein pancakes according to package directions.
- Pour pancake mix into mini muffins, about ¾ full. Add a spoon full of cooked sausage.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. Store in your fridge for about 5 days or in the freezer inside Ziplock bags for up to a month.